Saturday, 26 April 2014

I dreamed of a house last night

It was beautiful.  Possibly only to Hubby and myself.   We immediately bought it in the dream.   We were all happy to be moving into this house.  Princess made a friend while we were standing outside the house.

It wasn't better than our house now, the main difference I noticed was the sense of being nestled in nature, combined with being very private, but not isolated.  It was at the end of a short dirt road that had the feeling of only being used by locals.

Back in 1994, when we first saw Our House, it was the inviting warmth that drew us in and we fell in love.  I still get that same feeling every time I come home.
With this Dream House... it offered serenity.  It was enclosed by the other houses next to it with great weeping trees, like willows and wisteria, oak overhanging, but not encroaching.  The front yard had a plain driveway, a plain grass lawn, the house was dug into the yard and the backyard sloped down to a forest.  There was a sense of immensity to the backyard.  

This plain grass lawn was supporting other life.  Cats.  Probably about twenty cats.  Also, just before we went to look at this house, we picked up an adorable calico kitten in a pink carrier, which we decided to adopt at the same moment we decided to buy the house.
 

Dream houses represent yourself.
I read this when I dreamed of a dark, lichen growing unpainted wooden house, that I was warned not to go into.  It was set in the nightime, in a swampy, icky area that only had a tiny, overgrown trail to get to.  No one wanted to take me there, but I insisted.
The floor boards were breaking underfoot, the walls falling and while I was walking through the house, the stumps gave way and I fell in great fear, the house collapsing on me.  It was terrifying.
At this point, I was in a deep depression from pregnancy loss, suffering immense pain with my back and allergies and really in a very bad state emotionally and physically.

One key thing I noticed about the new and lovely house, was the shape of the block of land was trapezoid, with the front being narrower.   It made me think about how drained I have been lately, saying yes to all these exciting adventures and not giving myself enough recovery quiet time.  I think this dream was partly inspired after reading this last night.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/how-to-treat-your-introvert/

It makes so much sense.  I am moving into a new me. :-)

" The house can depict a way we allow the world into our life, or exclude it"

Now that I am in the happy house, even in my dreams, now I need to learn balance.  Saying Yes! is fun, but being emotionally and intellectually exhausted is not.
I even think my dream is showing my understanding of that.  After meeting the agent to buy the house, it was pointed out that another house had just then come up for sale.  It was a magnificent house, full of 1910 style character, on a block on the main street, the sort of house you drool over.  I was tempted, but then thought it would be so much upkeep and end up being a strain and I didn't love it in that personal way I loved the little orange brick house all nestled into the ground.  I said, "No, thank you".  Hurrah!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Darling Girl... it's been a long time for me since reading your blog. I am so sorry to read of the troubles in your lives. ihope there is heaps of improvement for you all ASAP.
    I spilled my guts to a friend today about my family troubles and now feel sick at how stupid i was to do it. i never trust any one... what to do now/ life is getting crazier. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia, it's been a long time since I've looked at many blogs, as well. *hugs*
    It's very hard to talk about family issues, I understand that. It feels like a betrayal and might end up causing problems with the family. I hope nothing has come from it other than a sympathetic ear.
    I hope your life becomes more managable as well.

    ReplyDelete