Monday, 25 February 2013

Workin' IN MY JAMMIES, oh yeah!

Today, my work requires me to sit in front of my computer.  At home!

Workin' IN MY JAMMIES!

It's so hot today.  Aussie Summer is a torture device.

Cold showerin' IN MY JAMMIES!

And standing in front of a fan.

Coolin' off IN MY JAMMIES!

I have been making lots of work phone calls.  From Home!

Using my "Workin' the Phone" voice IN MY JAMMIES!

I so love this. ;-)



Today, Princess has stayed home from school, due to a sniffle.

I set out things she needed to do, which includes naps, cuddling kittens and homework.

She's been moving through the list beautifully and I popped in to remind her that what was left was to complete her science homework (artistic daughter doesn't find this thrilling) and to have a nice, cool salt bath.
The temperature is about 5 degrees Celcius past what England considers a heat wave. (i.e.27 Cº in UK, 32 Cº right here) and she chose to do her homework.

A bath is the closest thing you can get to a swimming pool in your own home (unless you have a swimming pool).  No comprendo mi Princesa! 

So now...

Gunna have a cool, salt bath!

IN MY JAMMIES!!

:Edit:  Just got a call and we are goin' out for Mexican tonight.  Nomming goodness.

Dinin' out IN MY... well a nice pair of capri's and a chiffon top!

4 comments:

  1. I spent most of the weekend in my jammies. Sadly, I don't have a bathtub, but I do have a large plastic bowl that I fill with water and stand in to sponge myself down fairly often in the heat. When the temp hovers around 40C though, I wring out a bed sheet in cold water and wrap it around myself then sit in front of the fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your sheet/evaporative cooling system, River. :-)

      My number one priority when house hunting was to have a bath in it. Which we then upgraded to a two person spa. Which is where I spent large portions of everyday.

      Delete
  2. oh if I could work from home it would be sans pants ALL THE DAMN TIME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! And have those crystalised windows so no-one could see in! BooYAH!

      Delete