Saturday, 8 September 2012

electronica and synethaesia


As a synethaesiac, I find electronica very relaxing to listen to.

The sounds are very square, the colour consistent through each note.  Easy.

It can occasionally become boring.

Then a band like Yazoo throws a singer with an amazing voice, full of passion and emotion, into the mix, making a beautiful picture of brightly coloured, strongly geometric shapes in the background and a wild streaming ribbon of varying colour, density and shape over the top of it.

One day, I will paint an image of what I see when I listen to a song.
The real challenge is that I can only paint one limited time segment, before the picture changes.  Like flash photography, I would need to choose one tiny moment to capture.

And I would need to be able to remember what I saw.




No comments:

Post a Comment