Saturday, 25 August 2012

Clicking links in Real Life

Have you ever been on youtube, looking up a song you used to love, then, on the sidebar it recommended another song?  One that reminded you of an amazing summer, or a friend who sang it all the time, or just a good day?  Then the next link led you to listen to a song by that artist that you hadn't heard before.  Then a parody of a popular song was linked and you click that and laughed so hard and spent the night clicking through more and more links, following an unstructured pathway, having a virtual adventure.

That is what my life is like at the moment and I am loving it.

My Brother in law got a new girlfriend a few years ago. 
She had a bad back and we often talked about her medical issues.  Eventually, I decided to give her Chiropractor a go.

At the Chiro, one of the receptionists was an amazingly vibrant person who told us of the fun she had at circus training.  I thought it sounded way out there and dangerous, but was happy for her.  One school holidays Princess and I were having the discussion of "Ballet again or something new like Karate" as we walked in and involved the receptionist who commented that my Princess would LOVE Circus.  So off we went.  And she loved it.

So did I.

So I joined.

Many, many links were clicked here, trying all sorts of classes and loving them all.  More links were clicked, performing in public, choreographing, designing flyers, organising First Aid classes. 

The latest link on this journey has been face painting.  A friend had her birthday party theme as tattoo/face painting and it was so fun!  Just playing and being silly and doing art.  It's new love, mostly because I love how creamy and delicious feeling the face paints are.

For someone who can't wear makeup (I did months of research to find face paints I could use) this is sheer joy.



So here's some of my and Trickey's paintings.  I can see him being popular at the car show next year.


Another tangent... Another path I never expected to follow... being a flying mermaid!  This tail was amazingly cool to flip and swish!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a unique idea to try! So much variety in circus stunts too. I'm hoping my little one takes up capoeira when she's old enough. It's a Brazilian martial arts that just looks so fluid and tribal. It's so individual though whether they take to these new things, so guess it's also about tapping into what drives them (and you) great body drawings by the way!

    ReplyDelete