Monday, 23 January 2012

Kittens Annonymous

For various reasons, I went to the A.A. site tonight, to read the signs of alcholism.
While I was delighted to realise I don't have this problem with alcohol, it occurred to me that I may have an addiction in another area.

To test out my theory, I changed the topic of the "12 questions" and tested myself.

1 - Have you ever decided to stop searching online animal shelters for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?

First question and already I'm in trouble. I even search American and UK sites, just to look at the kittens and cats that need new homes. Also to cheer when they put up that lovely "adopted" stamp. Aren't these two precious? Sooo want...

Celeste & TreasureID # C39448 & C39449
Breed: Bumilla
Sex: Female
Age: 8 Years
Colour: Shaded Brown

Location: Coldstream - Ph: 9739 0300
About Me:
Celeste and Treasure are two gorgeous Burmilla girls who need to go home together. They are small in size but big in personality! They both have stunning pale green eyes and are the queens of head butts. Celeste loves a tummy rub! These friendly indoor cats are used to being part of the family and have lived with dogs and children.

2 - Do you wish people would mind their own business about your cats-- stop telling you what to do?

Ummmm, my Marmie and Hubby are always saying "No More Cats" and I wish they wouldn't... So this one is me too.

3 - Have you ever switched from one kind of pet to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting more cats?

*eyes glaze over with tedium at the thought of perhaps a bird or puppy* Innocent of this one!

4 - Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year?

I was considering that waking up and being unable to get out of bed due to my cats all sleeping on me was a difficult awakening.

This is MY Bed. Remember that.
I may share it with you... if I get cold.

5 - Do you envy people who can keep more cats without getting into trouble?

There have been various social events when I realised my Diva cat had absolutely no manners, would happily claw her way up to the shoulder of whichever random person's shoulder she chose to honour that moment, causing much pain and several guests to flinch with anticipated agony when she walked near them. It would be nice to offer guests a pain free visit.

6 - Have you had problems connected with felines during the past year? Be honest! Have they been fighting with the neighbours, missing the kitty litter, coming home pregnant?

You mean not everyone cleans up cat poop from an ancient burmese cat who simply prefers to go next to the kitty litter as part of their morning "wake up and make the house smell bearable" routine?

7 - Has your desperately wanting another kitten caused trouble at home?

*looks shiftily away from your eyes* Mayyyyyyyyybeeee.

8 - Do you ever try to get "extra" pats from friends cats and kittens because you do not get enough at home?

I even find myself searching out the cat/s before saying hello to all the humans. I might even take photos of myself with their cats.


Such a pretty and affectionate Furbaby.

9 - Do you tell yourself you can cope without a new kitten any time you want to, even though you keep adopting cats when you don't mean to?

Wanna Kitten!!

10 - Have you missed days of work or school because of your cats?

Yes, and social activities and sleep and the best seat in the house and occasionally food when a quick, deft Kitty has decided to taste it before me.

11 - Do you have "blackouts"?

Didn't know how to adapt this to cats? Maybe memory loss from having tripped over one of them? No.

12 - Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not have cats?

No. My house may smell better, I may have less scars and oozing wounds, friends with allergies could visit, but no. Love my furry little critters.

So. Out of 12, I got 10. It only take 4 on the A.A. site to consider that you have a drinking problem, so I have to concede that I have a kitten problem. I shall have to start a Kittens Annonymous group. We could meet at the local Animal Shelter, in the Kitten's Room, every Sunday...

Wanna kitten. *sigh*

Love my cats.

1 comment:

  1. Cats are cute. Thanks for the happy photos. I needed the smile!

    ReplyDelete