Wednesday, 16 November 2011

Listen to your cat's advice.

NaNoWriMo.

Going slowly. *grins* However, as my best from from Primary school said, my positive procrastination is going very well. Lots of other things are getting done as I avoid my novel.

Like the long neglected vacuuming.

One of the first things we ever bought as a couple was an electrolux vacuum cleaner. The salesman knocked on my door and my Tabby and White cat was all over him and absolutely adored him, so I decided to give him a change to tip dirt on my carpet and slurp it up with his fancy schmancy Vacuum Cleaner. Tayocat even smooched the vacuum cleaner. Obviously, I had no choice and must buy it!

That was in 1992. In 2008, the Electrolux of awesome, now held together by duct tape but still doing an amazing job, quite spookily gave up the ghost just after Tayocat departed this world.

Sweeping was good for a while, but then the sneezing became an issue and I went and bought a cheap little vac. I even had a reference from above mentioned friend. I may have bought the lemon in the shop... or just have a much messier house.

It howls in agony when used and fluffs dust out it's rear end with the same strength and regularity as Trickey does after a good lunch of Dim Sims. We are not friends. The cats all zoom out of the house when I use it. Obviously, I should have taken the cats shopping with me.

So, I asked around again and started hearing the magic word, Dyson. I had heard this word before, from a Foster Brother-in-law, when his partner had put them into mountains of debt for her very own Dyson, with every possible attachment known to woman. I knew Trickey's opinion on this issue and it was not "expensive vacuum" friendly.

But I found a tiny one... that was allergy friendly, with hepa filters. Hepa filters and I are VERY good friends. When the outside world is full of little flying enemies that attack my nostrils with their sneeziness and my skin with their swelly irritability, I hermit myself in my room with my Hepa air filter and the world becomes a comfortable place again.

But you know what convinced Trickey to agree to let me purchase this item? It has a digital motor. That interested him.

He's a bit disappointed now it is here. He's just realised I have no intentions of letting him pull it apart and destroy, I mean, explore it.

Shiny toy.

Have to go move the cats off the couch to vac that. Encouraging. :-D




3 comments:

  1. Prepare to be both revolted and amazed, followed by more vacuuming just to see if it can pick up just as much revoltingness on the second pass :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I read somewhere the only difference between men and boys was the size and cost of their toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny what excites us these days! Anything that makes cleaning easier/less of a chore needs to be purchased immediately if not sooner!!

    ReplyDelete